Saturday, April 30, 2011

New Painting and Products!

"From the Dark Depths"
This is my newest painting, finished earlier this week!  I actually painted a mermaid this time!  It is not a subject that I get inspired to paint often for whatever reason.  I just don't get that many mermaid ideas.  :)

I wanted her to me more of a dark mermaid, and even though she is up on the beach, I didn't want it to be beautifully sunny.  So I opted for a cloudier atmosphere.

Watercolor and white goauche, as usual.  5 x 7"
Prints are available on my website!

New Products!
I'm pleased to announce that my artwork is now available on a couple of new products!

Some of my art is now available as Iron On Transfers from Kat's Magical Patches!! These can be used for all kinds of fabric crafts!

Also, You can now get some of my art as Rubber Stamps! Pre-order my first sheet now at Sweet Pea Stamps!!

Other...
We got the kittens spayed this week, and they are now at home recovering.  As it turned out, all 3 off them are girls!  I thought for sure that at least Loki was a boy.  Oh well, I guess we'll just have to have a girl cat named Loki, because I couldn't get used to another name at this point.  lol

They seem to be doing well, except for the fact that they don't recognized each other's scent and keep hissing at each other.  This also includes their mom.  She hisses if one comes anywhere near her.  I've heard this is common and should pass.  I sure hope so!

1 comment:

Wings of Inspiration said...

Lovely new work! And good luck for the kittens! :)