Tuesday, February 10, 2009

New Sketch!

This is a sketch that I've been working on for the past couple of days. I'm going to paint her next and then maybe get back to doing the third storm sketch so that I can start painting those. I haven't decided on a pose for that one yet.

This one was partially inspired by Laurell K. Hamilton's last Merry Gentry book. There was a scene in it where a vine grew into one of the guys and became a tattoo. I thought that was cool and wanted to paint something with it at some point. At first I was planning on making it a guy fairy, but I started sketching this and ended up using the idea. Oh well. :) I have to paint another male fairy soon. I haven't done that in a while... though I do still have my rat master elf guy to paint. ;) If you remember that sketch from a couple of years ago, I'm still hoping to paint him one of these days!

1 comment:

Katerina Koukiotis said...

she's beautiful and i love the story behind it!