Saturday, April 21, 2012

Steampunk WIP and Autumn Splendor ACEO

This is what I'm currently working on. I've done a little more work on this sketch since this scan. Mainly just tweaking a few things here and there and adding some rivets in the background, which is going to be a steel wall. This is my first foray into Steampunk! I've been wanting to do a painting with this theme for a while but haven't squeezed one in until now. :) The funny thing is that this originally started out as just a Victorian era vampire, but while working on her I saw her gear-like fan in my head, so I decided to go with it and the whole sketch changed directions.

I'm excited to start painting it! Which I will be starting later on today. :)

I just wanted to share my current project. I may post some progress photos of the painting as I work...



"Autumn Splendor"

This is my newest painting. A commissioned ACEO of an Autumn fairy.

Watercolor and white goauche. 2.5 x 3.5"

Limited Edition prints are available of her on my website.

No comments: