Sunday, August 9, 2009

"Another Ruined Cravat" -- More Progress

I've gotten some more background work done on this the last couple of days. I hate when I have to stop working on things for commissions (or any other reason). It takes me a little while to get back into working on the original painting I was working on. If I were a faster painter, I'd try to juggle working on them both at the same time, but I just don't work that way. My focus is usually on one thing at a time. But I'm starting to get some excitement back for this painting. I had such a vision for it at first that the break from it kind of ruined it for me. I think once I get more of the actual detail in, I'll be more motivated about it again.

<= Just laying in some of the basic colors.

In this next picture I went a little crazy while darkening the background and decided to darken in the entire bed curtains/floor area, with the intention of using colored pencil over it later. The entire curtains isn't quite as black as it looks in the photo. I'm still planning on making it green. After I did the play-coloring in Photoshop, I just can't see them any other way now. I think this will also help me get the room as dark as I want it too be. :)

No comments: